Dr Adrian Solomon
PhD in Sustainable Supply Chains (University of Sheffield, 2016)
BSc in Computer Science (University of Sheffield, 2012)
|Office||3 Leontos Sofou Street, Thessaloniki, Greece|
Monday 13:00 - 14:30
Tuesday 18:00 - 20:00
Thursday 18:00 - 20:00
However any other time may be suitable with an email request. As well, even for the given office hours, appointments by email are preferred.
|Telephone||+30 2310 528 450|
Adrian Solomon holds a PhD in Environmentally Sustainable Supply Chains and a first class degree in Computer Science, both from the University of Sheffield, UK. He has built working experience over the past years in the following positions: Project manager at the South East European Research Centre (Thessaloniki, Greece); Project manager at the Advanced Resource Efficiency Centre (Sheffield, United Kingdom) and Innovation Developer at Business Objectives Consulting Group (Vienna, Austria).
His main tasks:
- Management and implementation of low carbon and digital projects
- Industry engagement through R&D projects
- Application for funding to acquire new projects
- Delivering lectures on supply chain & operations management (MSc and BSc levels) as well as student supervision
CBE3113 - Logistics & Supply Chain Management (3rd Level UG)
CBE6102 - Operations & Process Management (MSc)
His main interests are in the areas of:
- Environmentally sustainable and resilient supply chains
- Technologies for resilient and low carbon decision making
- Business process modelling: Lifecycle assessment and CO2 impact mapping
- Investigation of institutional interactions to enable the implementation of low carbon supply chains practices
- Co-creation of policy makers, industry, innovation, society and environment to support low carbon supply chain practices
Selected publications (overall more than 20):
Solomon, A., Ketikidis, P. H., & Siavalas, F. (2017). Institutional Co-Creation Interfaces for Innovation Diffusion during Disaster Management. Management Dynamics in the Knowledge Economy – Special Issue – Managing the Triple Helix, 5(1), 77–95.
Battini, D., Choudhary, A., Isolan, I., Shankar, R., Solomon, A., & Tiwari, M. K. (2016). Carbon Trading Systems in the international setting: analysis and critical comparison. In International Conference on Green Supply Chain, 10-13 July. London, UK.
Solomon, A., & Ketikidis, P. H. (2016). Empirical evidence for Quintuple Helix Co-Creation Towards Solving the Challenge of Low Carbon and Resilient Supply Chains under Innovative Theoretical Model Convergence. In XIV International Triple Helix Conference, 25-27 September. Heidelberg, Germany.
Solomon, A., Choudhary, A., & Ketikidis, P. H. (2015). Drivers and Barriers to Green Freight Transportaiton: Industry Evidence from UK and India. In 20th International Symposium in Logistics. Bologna, Italy.